THE FINE PRINT
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have received a high school diploma or GED
- Exhibit the ability to contribute to a safe and cohesive learning environment
- Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional preparedness to fully participate in all required aspects of the program.
- This program has an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally rigorous. You must demonstrate medical, mental, and physical readiness to fully participate in the demands of the program through completing our application process.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience practicing yoga.
- Regular yoga practice 2-3 times per week.
- Letter of recommendation from a yoga teacher or someone who can speak about your ability to become a yoga teacher.
- Active class participation
- Develop a daily yoga practice through the eight limbs of yoga
- Maintain safe space for teaching and practicing yoga
- Demonstrate teaching competency and proficiency
- Exercise professional behavior and ethical conduct
- Complete at-home assignments on time
- Pass quizzes and tests
Two classes per week are required outside of the training. The classes must be at Aluma Yoga. If you are traveling or ill, classes must be made up.
Three observations of classes taught by different teachers at Aluma are expected to be completed prior to end of training.
Three co-teaching experiences with Lisa and/or Melody will be scheduled with you outside of training weekends, and follow-up coaching will be scheduled, as needed.